Currently, we are hiring for 2 positions as follows:
Now Hiring: Summer season Retail Sales Associate
Tatamagouche Brewing Company is a small, family-owned, Certified Organic craft brewery located in Tatamagouche, NS. Tatamagouche is a little town with big ideas. A town that’s always looking forward while still keeping an eye on the past. We strive to produce high quality beer that breaks out of the norm but also make beer that stays traditional and keeps an eye on the past. A few qualities we value in our team members are:
- a positive, cheerful and outgoing personality
- the ability to think on your feet and solve problems
- a strong and honest work ethic
- a positive representation for our brand
- a focus on the customer
- To learn and share
A beertender and craft beer lover who promotes the brand of Tatamagouche Brewing Company through skillful presentation and description of our beers, our brewery and our town for the summer season, May - October. The Beertender provides guests with an enjoyable and knowledgeable craft beer experience, makes recommendations and is knowledgeable about the surrounding area.
- Fun, enthusiastic and desire to create an inviting and local vibe for our community
- A big Smile!Greet all customers as neighbours with friendly, efficient and personal service
- Describe and serve craft beer and explain items accurately
- Create a rapport with guests by learning their names and favorite beer
- Ensure a clean service environment - inside and out
- Accurately process transactions in the point of sale (POS) system
- Maintain accurate record of sales - perform cash out at end of shift, matching slips with corresponding type of money, complete paperwork
- Proper opening/closing procedures based on checklist and operating procedures
- Ensure the store is clean and tidy and ready for customers
- Ensure fridges and clothing are fully stocked and clean throughout the day
- Monitor keg supply - changing kegs on the line, having extra kegs ready
- Sweep and mop floors at least once daily and empty garbages
- Clean glassware and taps daily
- Maintain brand merchandise by folding and restocking and checking hangers
- Report to work as scheduled, in TataBrew gear, and ready to start
- Take part in routine meetings, tastings and trainings to stay informed about our product
- Learn with our team to be able to lend a hand across the business from the bar to the canning line, to brewing to better understand our product in order to share products, services and information with our customers
- Represent the brand at local events
- Administer NSLC’s Check 30 program to ensure alcohol is not sold to underage customers
- Refuse service to intoxicated customers
- May participate in brewery tours and events
- Perform other related duties as required
- At least 19 years of age
- Experience an asset but not necessary
- Grade 12 from a recognized educational institution
- Retail sales with cash management and POS experience an asset
- Physical ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift and carry 20 kg.
- Customer service experience
- Strong attention to detail and respect for cleanliness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excitement about the role of ensuring every guest has a quality experience
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Now Hiring: Cellar Production worker
The role of the Cellar Hand is to ensure quality beer production through the efficient execution of cellar operations under the direction of the Head Brewer and Cellar Production Manager. Attention to detail and able to accurately perform operations. Able to work collaboratively in a team environment and on your own in an efficient manner.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Cleaning tanks and transfer lines (CIP-Clean in Place)
- Quality control testing and filling in supporting documentation
- Monitoring beer through its time in fermenting and ageing vessels through to the final package
- Cleaning equipment - Ensuring the highest level of cleanliness and sterilization
- Cleaning and filling kegs
- Tracking fermentation, Sensory analysis
- Packaging line, and Pilot System experimentation, Quality Assurance/Quality Control practice.
- Transferring beer between tanks
- Housekeeping and deep cleaning
The successful Cellar Hand will:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Have valid Drivers’ License required
- Be able to lift 60 Lbs on a frequent basis.
- Be able to obtain a forklift license upon hiring (Forklift License - an asset - but not necessary - will provide training)
- WHIMIS - asset but not necessary
- First-Aid - asset but not necessary
- Have very strong organization skills
- Have a mechanical aptitude and willingness to understand how things work, and how to fix them.
- Be able to follow directions, analyze varying situations and determine necessary actions
- Be a self-starter and manage time efficiently
- Be focused on safety and the environment. No risk taking and minimal impact to the environment will be key aspects of the operation.
- Be able to work on your feet for long periods of time.
Also Offering:| Competitive Wages, Training, Educational Opportunities, Footwear Stipend
If you are interested, please provide a short cover letter with your application, letting us know why you think you are the right person for the job. Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Only successful candidates will be notified of interview