Cellar Crew Member
Tatamagouche Brewing Company is a small, family-owned, Certified Organic craft brewery located in Tatamagouche, NS. We strive to produce high quality beer that breaks out of the norm but also stays true to the traditions of the past.
A few qualities we value in our team members are:
- Strong attention to detail and respect for cleanliness
- The right attitude for a fast paced, team oriented environment
- The ability to think on your feet and solve problems
- A strong and honest work ethic
- A positive representation for our brand
The role of the Cellar Hand is to ensure quality beer production through the efficient execution of cellar operations, under the direction of the Head Brewer and Cellar Production Manager. Attention to detail and ability to accurately/consistently perform operations are a must. The successful applicant must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment, and on your own, in an efficient manner. Experience is not required but is considered an asset.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Cleaning tanks and transfer lines (CIP-Clean in Place)
- Operating canning and bottling line
- Quality control testing and filling in supporting documentation
- Cleaning equipment - Ensuring the highest level of cleanliness and sterilization
- Cleaning and filling kegs
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control practice.
- Transferring beer between tanks
The successful Cellar Hand will:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Have valid Drivers’ License required
- Be able to lift 50 Lbs on a frequent basis.
- Be able to obtain a forklift license upon hiring (Forklift License - an asset - but not necessary - will provide training)
- WHIMIS - asset but not necessary
- First-Aid - asset but not necessary
- Have a desire to learn new techniques, processes
- Have a mechanical aptitude and willingness to understand how things work, and how to fix them.
- Be able to follow directions, analyze varying situations and determine necessary actions
- Be a self-starter and manage time efficiently
- Be focused on safety and the environment. No risk taking and minimal impact to the environment will be key aspects of the operation.
- Be able to work on your feet for long periods of time.
Also Offering:| Competitive Wages, Benefits, Training, Educational Opportunities, Footwear Stipend, Most Weekends Off
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us in person with your resume.
Only successful candidates will be notified.